- Dec 23 Wed 2015 00:00
- Dec 14 Mon 2015 09:14
At the time of the events leading up to April 19, 1775, the town of Boxborough did not exist. What is now Boxborough was then the outlying districts of Harvard, Stow and Littleton. Rules set down by the Massachusetts Bay Colony stated that each town must have a minister and a meeting house. Town and religion being inseparable, the meeting house was not only the place of worship but also the seat of town government.